Assetto Corsa version 1.2
The new build 1.2 of Assetto Corsa is finally available for all users on Steam, at the URL http://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/. The new version provides a considerable update and adds five new cars and one circuit as free bonus content. The free bonus pack does not introduce only new content but, more importantly, new features and sensible improvements, in all sectors: artificial intelligence, physics, multiplayer features, graphics and general performance.
The changelog lists all the updates, fixes and modifications applied to the new build of Assetto Corsa, that now is even more stable, and includes new physics algorithms regarding the tyre model, force feedback and artificial intelligence.
Here is a description of the main areas of fixes, content and features included in the Assetto Corsa v.1.2 update:
The updates related to the physics engine and force feedback allows to appreciate even more the new cars included in the bonus pack and rediscover the old ones, since all the previous and existing content available in Assetto Corsa have been updated to take advantage of the latest improvements. Some graphics glitches known since the 1.0 version have been fixed: motion blur feature now works properly on any circuit, tyres “glued” to the road in multiplayer have been corrected, and two new features have been added for the driving view: now the dedicated app allows to find automatically the proper eye position, showing also a visual indication for suggested eyes position and actual eye position for Driver Eyes, in order to help gamers to find the correct match, if they desire to set it manually. All content has been updated in order to set a better driving view position with any car. Also, the limits from Driver Eyes Positioning app have been removed, in order to allow players with dedicated rigs or cockpits, free to set their prefered driving view. A huge operation of fine-tuning has involved all the car values, including lods, instrumentation, 2D/3D details, skins, and so on. Furthermore, continuing the general process of improvement, the game now features glowing brakes for high performance and racing cars.
Differential were updated with the latest electronic wizardry in order to simulate the intricate torque vectoring system at the base of the Nissan GTR incredible handling. Tyre model was also improved by refining the pneumatic trail math model to generate a more self aligning torque, together with improved relaxation length model it will now feature a much smoother ride and more consistent steer feedback.
Artificial Intelligence is sensibly improved both by making it closer to humans performance in corner exit and in general race craft during the race; AI is now able to choose the proper tyre compound for a given session, better handle turbo strategy during qualify and race, improved DRS usage. Driving lines have been improved, as well as the ability of AI drivers to overtake each other and the player. Now they are more aggressive, and they take advantage of any mistake to take your position.
The update of multiplayer is the result of the feedback received by the community, that asked for more stability and better tools for a more consistent multiplayer experience and leagues organization.
Amongst the various bug fixes included in this update, like the corrected checksum for circuits that use the new configuration system, better collision samples triggering, tyres that properly jump together with the car and so on, we also get some brand new and highly requested features.
We now offer you the possibility to limit the tyre choice, weather settings on the server side, lock of new players joining races, complete last lap in qualify and practice, add ballast for players and much more.
Even more importantly a new complete server side UDP plugin for real time data input/output has been implemented. This particular feature will be of great help to all the league organizers and could bring very important developments in AC multiplayer in the near future.
Regarding the selection of the new cars, the Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde joins the fight versus the 500 Abarth EsseEsse and can also teach a thing or two against some older RWD machinery; the Audi Quattro is a legendary car so loved by car enthusiasts. The Audi had over 300bhp and 4 wheel drive in the mid 80s. A tuned step1 version with locked differentials and more power has been added to satisfy the hardcore car enthusiasts! The Lamborghini Miura SV is the first Lamborghini model officially added in Assetto Corsa. It defined the term supercar back in the 60s and now we give you the opportunity to drive this million value piece of car history. The Toyota GT86 is a very balanced car, and for this reason, maybe is one of the most wanted model included in the new package. This car has been developed in cooperation with RSR Nurburg, that knows each single secret of this modern hachi-roku (eighty six), a car that makes every car enthusiast yell with excitement and every tyre tremble with fear. The Nissan GT-R Nismo introduces in Assetto Corsa the active central differential and it’s the second 4WD car now available after the Alfa Romeo 155 DTM.
The Circuit of Zandvoort, a well-known motorsport race track located in the dunes north of Zandvoort, Netherlands, is the latest addition of the new build: the circuit gained popularity because of its fast, sweeping corners such as Scheivlak as well as the “Tarzanbocht” (Tarzan corner) hairpin at the end of the start/finish straight. Tarzanbocht is the most famous corner in the circuit. Since there is a camber in the corner, it provides excellent overtaking opportunities. It is possible to pass around the outside as well as the easier inside lane.
– Balanced interior and exterior volume for all cars
– Updated Fmod example project
– Updated Fmod pipeline document
– Fixed some rare FMod crashes
– Fixed bodywork sound when stand still for some cars
– Fixed typos for career descriptions
– Fixed Ferrari 458 and Giulia GTA sound pan
– Fixed flags position for triple screens users
– Fixed replay doesn’t show smoke
– Fixed sun visible through barriers
– Fixed flying crew at Mugello
– Fixed delay before gear shift recognised
– Fixed keyboard controller and mouse steering
– Fixed rare pit stop repair bug when clutch is pressed
– Fixed wrong player is selected in the drivers list
– Fixed showroom crashes with Motion Blur enabled
– Fixed tyre blankets weird behaviour
– Fixed front wheels size on Lotus Evora
– Fixed Pagani Huayra broken mirror
– Fixed missing BMW M3 Gt2 rear tow
– Fixed cars already damaged starting a gameplay session at Ring
– Fixed BMW M3 e92 red patch on headlights
– Fixed P4/5 Competizione static calipers
– Fixed 599xx Evo weird LOD effect
– Fixed blurred rims missing from LOD C on some cars
– Fixed fuel calculator on Setup UI
– Fixed 500 Abarth skin issues
– Fixed pit crew panels in Chevy C7r and Nissan GT-R GT3.
– Fixed some broken Steam achievements
– BMW 1M has stock liveries; the previous ones are assigned to the S3 version
– Added FOV system message when using +/- to change the value ingame
– Added visual indication for suggested eyes position and actual eye position for Driver Eyes Positioning app
– Added “Auto Pos” button in Driver Eyes Positioning app to automatically move the eyes position to the suggested value
– Added Exposure system message when PGUP/PGDOWN are used to change the value ingame
– Improved AI. AI cars can and will overtake slower cars, lose their stability easier, can oversteer occasionally.
– Tyres now have a short name that is visualized on the classification, so that players can know which tyres the AI is using.
TYRES SHORT NAMES
SV= Street Vintage
SS= Slicks SuperSoft
S= Slicks Soft
M= Slicks Medium
H= Slicks Hard
SH= Slicks SuperHard
HR= Hypercar Road
– Fixed tyre – kerb hard collisions
– Adjusted realigning forces from tyres.
– Active differentials
– New Alfa Romeo Mito Quadrifoglio Verde
– New Audi Sport Quattro
– New Lamborghini Miura SV
– New Nissan GT-R Nismo
– New Toyota GT-86
– New Zandvoort circuit
– New interior soundset for 500 Abarth (shared with Alfa MiTo and Tatuus FA01)
– Added dynamic controllers to drivetrain (Nissan GT-R Nismo)
– Added FF low speed reduction factor to avoid oscillations when the car is stationary. (check system/cfg/assetto_corsa.ini [LOW_SPEED_FF]]
– Multiplayer – Added checksum checks for tracks using the new config system
– Multiplayer – Removed “Track List” feature from AC Server
– Multiplayer – Added “IS_OPEN” key to “[RACE]” to lock new players from joining a race. 0=CLOSED, only players coming from the previous sessions are allowed in. 1=OPEN, players can join during a race. 2=OPEN DURING WAIT TIME, players are allowed to join during the wait time only
– Multiplayer – Fixed collision not triggering correct samples
– Multiplayer – Added weather settings to the server side
– Multiplayer – Fixed tyres glued to the road for cars without animated suspensions
– Multiplayer – Added possibility to limit tyre choice
– Multiplayer – Added Server Plugin Auth system to AC Server for customized user authentication. AUTH_PLUGIN_ADDRESS in server_cfg.ini
– Multiplayer – Added Server UDP Plugin for realtime data input/output from AC Server (check example C# application and UDP_PLUGIN_ADDRESS in server_cfg.ini)
– Multiplayer – It is now possible to complete last lap during Qualify & Practice
– Multiplayer – Fixed /client_list not showing local car ID
– Multiplayer – Added first ballast implementation (use /ballast [carid] [kg] in the chat as admin or entry list)
– Multiplayer – At the end of a race now the system goes “Race Control” view with leaderboard and chat
– Multiplayer – Exit button in ESC menu is now at safe distance from the others
– Multiplayer – Added option to force virtual mirror ON from AC Server
– Multiplayer – Added acServerManager into server folder.
– Added realtime “relative” time app
– Added glowing brakes graphics effect. [DISCS_GRAPHICS] in brakes.ini
– DRS can now be turned off with the DRS button and not only by braking
– AI grip on corner exit is now more realistic
– Improved loading time ~1s faster per car
– Game timing is now using high resolution timer unless a drift is detected and the timer is switched to 1ms resolution. This improves FPS CAPS and general fluidity
– Tyres and rims now stay blurred when replay is paused
– Auto shifter has now its own dedicated section in drivetrain.ini [AUTO_SHIFTER] and does not share it with AI any more
– Air density calculation is now using temperature as input
– Proximity indicator now scales with resolution
– AI now properly brakes in time to hit 80Kmh in the pitlane
– Fixed discs object not properly switched with LODS
– Better driver gearshift preload on first gear
– Fixed strong tyre vibration around 40 kmh
– Added EBB (electronic brake balance) support
– Removed user FF damper settings from GUI and setups. FF damping is only used for stationary cars (hard steering wheel feel) and it is controlled by wheel drivers
– Removed limits from Driver Eyes Positioning app
– Kers is now recharged in pits
– AI is not using “Trail Hint” anymore