Assetto Corsa update 0.20 released!
the new update of Assetto Corsa is available on Steam Early access: take advantage of the Steam sales and get the game in early access at 30% less of the full price. By the way, we wish to thank you for the great support you are giving to Assetto Corsa, this will let us improve the game more and more as we get closer to the final release.
New sounds in development!
Modern gamers are never happy: they want more. We are gamers too, so we know how you feel. While our programmers are working hard on improving AI and multiplayer code, we have some extra news that we are pretty sure you will like a lot. We try to be always honest with you, and we recognize that one of the areas where there is more room for improvement is the sound environment. When we conceived Assetto Corsa, we have designed its structure in order to make the job as easier as possible for modders, but in some way, this has affected our choices and how Assetto Corsa performs sound effects. We have decided to provide a huge enhancement to the sound experience in Assetto Corsa: the final version of the game will be powered by FMod: FMOD Studio is an audio content creation tool for games, with a focus on a ‘Pro Audio’ approach: it’s used by Driveclub, Forza Motorsport 5 and other AAA racing titles and it’s the perfect choice to give Assetto Corsa what it is still missing. This will require a great effort from our team in order to convert or reproduce from scratch the sound packages for each car, but the internal tests already underway, are very encouraging. We are sure that AC gamers will be enthusiastic about the final result and that alone, will worth the investment needed.
New graphics effects in development!
If the sfx department works hard, obviously the gfx department couldn’t stay behind, working on lot of improvements and optimizations on the graphics side: we won’t go deeply in details for now, but at the end Assetto Corsa will provide a more immersive environment, post-processing effects, new shaders for cars and tracks, and more.
Now: what’s new in the today’s release? this version provides several fixes for current contents and features, and introduces the most waited AC editor feature, the car export, including the 3D pipeline documentation, a 3D driver template and a 3D geometry with hierarchies, to allow modders to start to create their models. We would like to remind you that the physics features set is not yet complete, and that the future changes to the audio engine will require new sound sets compatible with FMOD.
Is that all? Not yet: we haven’t mention new licenses for a while, but this does not mean that our licensing department is on vacation: do you remember the polls of this winter and the most voted cars? Well, we are ready to surprise you one more time. We don’t want to bore you with too many news, so let’s keep the secret a bit more..
– New setting enables forms to overlap ingame
– Fix to some cars in showroom
– Fixed debug apps
– Improved log messages for easier debug
– Improvements in skybox rendering inside the cubemap
– Addedd penalty in time attack for going too slow
– Fixed Time Attack spawn position in some track
– Added Formula K car with open physics as a template car for modders (found inside folder sdk/dev)
– Added open tyre physics files from all AC cars (found inside folder sdk/dev/tyres_ac) as examples
– BMW Z4 GT3 performance balance (slightly faster)
– Corrected non working mirrors on Lotus Exige 240r
– Corrected non working mirrors on Lotus Exige S Roadster
– Corrected disappearing cockpit on M3 E92
– Corrected wrong proportions on Ferrari 458 mirrors
– Corrected internal glasses on lotus GTC and GX
– Fixed Python lap count
– Increased Setup bar animation speed
– Fixed error for laptimes > 99:59:999
– New Shared Memory Layout (update your application!) check our official support forums for examples.
– Fixed non-ascii symbols on Setup Tab
– Fixed time left showed in Basic App during practice solo session